Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Pathing, or unit combat targeting, decides where an unblocked unit will attack during the combat phase.
Summary[edit | edit source]
At the end of the Deployment Phase, all preexisting unblocked units have their pathing decided by Pathing Cards. A unit has a 50% to attack directly infront them (which usually means that they will attack the tower), a 25% chance to attack the left enemy neighbour and a 25% chance to attack the right enemy neighbour. If a direction is rolled that doesn't have a unit present, the unit will attack forward.
Action Phase[edit | edit source]
Any new unblocked unit that is played during the Action Phase will have a Pathing Card placed automatically to decide it's attack direction.
Resetting Pathing[edit | edit source]
- Placing an allied unit in front of a enemy unit that is currently attacking a target to it's left or right will reset the target of the enemy unit to the new allied unit in front of it.
- Removing a unit's current target from play will reset pathing to be straight forward.
- Swapping a unit will not reset pathing to be straight forward. The arrows for the current position will remain when cards are swapped. For example, if an Axe is attacking left and a Melee Creep is attacking forward and you Cunning Plan them, after swapping the Axe will be attacking forward and the Melee Creep will be attacking left.