The gameplay of Artifact: The Dota Card Game takes place on a variety of cards.
There are a variety of card types,
Colours[edit | edit source]
- Black cards are assassins. They focus on slaying enemy heroes and capitalizing on the gold gain to snowball their early lead.
- Red cards are comprised of aggressive, well stated units that aim to crush the opponent in the early game. However, their spells cards are weaker than other colors as a drawback.
- Green is the support set of cards, summoning creatures and buffing them to overwhelm the opponent.
- Blue is the control color. With weak heroes that become stronger later, they make up for it with big and flashy spells that wipe boards clean.
Rarity[edit | edit source]
There are four different rarities of cards in Artifact - three of which are collectible,
- Basic Cards form all noncollectable cards in Artifact, and are required to play the game. They are granted on purchase.
- You are guaranteed at least one Rare per Booster Pack.
Every card in a booster pack has a chance to be a Rare card.